This spring Andrew and I have had the opportunity to travel a little to visit with good friends and family. I would not be a good blogger if I left out the fun times we've had over the past couple of months with the special people in our lives. Andrew kicked off spring with a trip with his first best buddy- his brother, Michael. The two headed of to California a couple of days prior to Mike's scheduled business meetings. Let's just say they travelled in true "Morrow boy" fashion- changing locales and climates every 24 hours or so... and- much to my and Shelli's horror- slept in the back of an SUV or in a tent every night. The guys surfed near San Francisco, snow boarded in Lake Tahoe, hiked in Yosemite National Park and mountain biked in a redwood forest. They had a great time! Back at home, Shelli and I survived our weekend alone by having a spa day with our sisters' in law. We rounded out our girls' weekend by celebrating Shelli and baby Graham at her baby shower.
Next it was my turn for a trip... So I headed off to Corpus Christi, Texas with childhood best friend, Amy Collett. We enjoyed getting to see our friend Sarah, her new home and the life she is building with husband Jeff. We laughed, ate (of course) and even managed to squeeze in some beach time. After all- it was Spring Break '08! We reminisced our way up to San Antonio, where we stayed on the River Walk. We enjoyed all the city had to offer, shops, restaurants and the roof-top pool. Dad would be proud, we also toured the Alamo. We had a blast, these girls are like my sisters and a huge blessing to my life.

May also brought another fun weekend getaway- a trip up to Lake Arrowhead in GA. Andrew and I headed there for a much needed 3 days of rest and relaxation. Mom and Dad Morrow are so generous to let us use the "cottage" for little trips away and time with friends. We mostly enjoyed the sunshine and rest, while managing to set a new record for most movies watched in a weekend. The highlight was dinner with my college roomie Erica, her husband Landon and their sweet little boy Miller. We soaked up the beautiful spring weather after dinner with a fire and roasting S'mores. We always have lots of laughter with the Fokens and cherish our times with them. We have yet to convince them to move to Birmingham, but do a pretty good job of getting together in Atlanta.
1 comment:
OK..I'm officially blog stalking you! Two blogs in one day? I need to call you Blog-o-static!! Oh how I love that you've started blogging so I can read all about ya'll! Shall I remind you that this WILL NOT replace our every other week phone call.
E
Post a Comment