The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Wednesday, November 26, 2008

House Arrest - 27 Weeks

Most of you know by now that I am officially at home- on modified bed rest and off of work. This came on very quickly at 26 weeks when I started having contractions. Thankfully after a week and a half of rest, the contractions are no longer regular and go away with rest. It's funny how quickly I could go from working full time and running errands in my free time to only being able to stand up and walk around for 5 or so minutes at a time. I've gotten creative in planning out my day so as to seem somewhat productive. Instead of working, shopping, cleaning and cooking in a day, I now can take a shower, make breakfast and take short trips to the kitchen to keep it tidy. Meal prep consists of laying out ingredients, rest, cut veggies while sitting down, rest, put something in the oven, rest, eat, then let Andrew clean the dishes! He's gotten very good at being the caretaker- laundry, cleaning, groceries, cooking- I may let him keep this gig! I'm very blessed to have a sweet husband who can handle all of this in addition to a busy work schedule. He even took me on a special date night Saturday- I was dying to get out of the house, so he pushed me around WalMart in a wheelchair! Talk about an exciting night- and I usually hate shopping in that store. We were quite the sight- me in the chair with a little shopping basket attached- pointing away to go this way and that way.

Besides scoping out every store that has wheelchairs, I plan to catch up with emails to friends, learn how to navigate facebook, read up on parenting, organize photos and take advantage of free shipping online for Christmas gifts. I've gotten quite addicted to online browsing- trying to be really good and not just order things so I can get packages at home- haha! I've also been able to check out some fun new baby websites which makes me excited and reminds me of why I am doing this! It will all be worth it once Will and Logan arrive- we're praying for at least 7 more weeks. Thanks for all the emails, phone calls and visits! It is much appreciated.

2 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

I hope you have a little bell that you can ring:)
~Erica

The Morrows said...

i had a bell but andrew took it apart- haha just kidding!