It's hard to believe you are three years old today! It feels like just yesterday we were at the hospital anxiously awaiting your arrival. So much has changed in the last three years. You have gotten so big and grown to be such sweet and loving little boys. You are both an absolute joy to your Daddy and I. Your sweet smiles, infectious giggles and nonstop chattering warm my heart and make me so thankful and grateful that I get to be your Mommy. Your Daddy is so proud that you are his boys too!
This last year we have watched your language and communication explode! We went from a few words to sentences, paragraphs, questions and non-stop chatter. It is music to my ears, even on days when I really need some quiet time. We have watched your bond as brothers and best friends grow this year. You love each other, fight with each other and take care of each other, it is so neat to watch. My favorite is watching you comfort each other and give each other hugs and kisses when one of you is upset or hurt. You have both learned to share a lot this year, which is huge as you have to share almost all the time! Now, you still have your moments where you just both want what each other has- don't get me wrong! Daddy and I love hearing you laugh and play, even rough house, although I worry you are going to get hurt.
Your favorite things right now: Diggers! Firetrucks! You can't get enough of things that move and make noise. You both know and can identify almost all your letters and some of your numbers. My favorite is hearing you count "one, two, three, five, six, eight!!" Listening to you recite bits and pieces of play songs (itsy bitsy spider, old macdonald, hickory dickory dock) and hearing your version of the christmas story and biblical characters makes my heart melt. I love listening in on your monitor as you talk to yourselves and each other when it's time for nap. Sometimes I catch you singing! You get up every morning around 6:30-6:45, and one at a time, quietly slip into our room. Sometimes you both fall back asleep with us, or just snuggle for a half hour or so. We are crammed in the bed like sardines, but still that time is precious!
You two are big flirts at the grocery store as you both still attract a lot of attention when we go places. I guess it's because I've got two handsome blondies with me! You know every digger by name and can easily identify a front-end loader versus a back-hoe. We loved hearing you talk about the christmas story this year and are so thankful to share it with you. I think your favorite family activity and special treat is movie night and popcorn which we started during the holidays. We are having lots of fun with you, juggling love, laughter and even discipline!
Happy third birthday my loves. We love you both so much and pray for wisdom as we continue this journey of parenting you! Thankful to God for your lives, you are such a blessing to us!
Love you with all our hearts,
Mommy and Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment