The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Saturday, May 12, 2012

One Blessed Mommy...


"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than ALL we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."  Ephesians 3:20-21

 When I came home from my first doctor's appointment (after we found out there were two,) I came across Ephesians 3:20-21.  I have loved it ever since.  My favorite part is that God showed me the footnote:  Immeasurably- meaning doubly compounded, super abundantly.  I just LOVE that! On that day He showed me that not only was He giving me the incredible blessing of being a mommy, but He had given me doubly what I asked or imagined!  How often do we wait for something big to happen and pray and wait... thinking it's not going to happen?  Too often it seems.  But, in those moments, God shows up- in His timing- and gives us not what we asked for, but something SO much better!  I need that reminder every day... wait on Him, trust Him and just see what He has for me, it has to be so much better that I can even think up for myself.

 The other day, Logan and I were having a little one-on-one time in their cuddly chair.  I looked at him and said, "did you know you are God's gift to me?"  He got a huge grin on his face and said " you are God's gift to me momma."  Melt. My. Heart. Right. There.  Priceless

These precious boys have blessed me beyond all that I could imagine. I am so thankful for their little lives and all the joy they have brought into mine.  Thank you God for allowing me to be their momma. 

2 comments:

Jeff and Sarah Johnson said...

You ARE one blessed Mommy...and Will and Logan are so blessed to have you and Andrew for parents! Lots of love to all of you!

The Fokens Family said...

Great lesson, Terra...still learning it myself. We love to plan on our own, don't we?
Loved seeing him bless your socks off with those two..now, that WAS a surprise.

I've recently been convicted about my attitude while waiting on the Lord. I grow impatient and complain. He's more interested in my character while waiting when it's so much easier to be impatient demanding my own way.

Well, I've just left a whole paragraph comment;) Probably should have messaged ya!
~E