The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Saturday, September 1, 2012

Favorites...

I'm not sure why we EVER worried about the boys' speech, because now their talking is non-stop! I guess that's just how it goes.  I mean the conversations we have, they have with each other, the negotiating, it's hilarious! With each passing month, their speech gets more mature and clearer.  I'm already seeing them dropping babyish sounds for the correct pronunciation.  So I won't forget, I wanted to jot down some of the precious things they are saying now. 

Words that make me smile:
Bobbin- for bottom
Sch-now for snow (Logan adds a wrinkled up nose whenever he makes the sn sound
Down-schtairs
Hopper Kate- Harper Kate
Yogan- the way Logan says his name

We're getting lots of questions about almost anything.  Most of the things I say are followed up with "why?"  Some of them really make me laugh!  One day we were on the subject of Jesus and being in Heaven.  The following are some of their cute questions:
W- "Can we hug him?"
L- "Can we kiss him?"
L- "Can we rough-house?"  (our term for wrestling with Daddy)
Me- Well, I guess we'll have to ask him! 
I love how they equate Jesus' love with the kind of love they have for their Daddy: hugs, kisses and wrestling!  Precious!

This morning while getting ready for church, I asked Will what he might learn about today. 
Me- "Do you think you will learn about God?:
W- "No, we did that one last week!"
Me- oh ok.... :)

Favorites from this summer:
Being fully, 100% no accidents day and night potty trained!!
Logan and Will learning to swim
Watching the Olympics for the first time together- boys loved the swimming and diving
Logan insisting on wearing his goggles because they make him fast
Watching them learn to ride big boy bikes
Family vacation and road trip to Savannah

Loving this time with our guys- it's beyond precious, fun, tiring and trying all at the same time.  Enjoying the journey!

No comments: