Grammie and Pops came for a visit and we were on a mission! Getting ready for baby... this has been a process, for sure. Several week long visits from Grammie to purge and organize helped create much needed space for our third little guy. Two custom closet systems installed by my brother essentially tripled my storage space- love it! It makes me laugh to think, that at this point in my pregnacy with the twins, I had everything done- nursery, names, the whole bit. I was ready and waiting on them. My two busy monkeys have afforded a bit of distraction this go around and so, at 32 weeks, I am finally feeling the need to get on it!!
This weekend we accomplished a lot. So thankful for extra hands and willing bodies to do the work while I supervised... Grammie and the boys planted my flower pots around the house while Pops painted the nursery. Getting the crib put up was a team effort (seeing as Mommy has misplaced the assembly instructions!) Drapes hung, baby items washed and now we're starting to look a little ready.
The boys were quite happy to be Grammie's helpers- complete with garden gloves. Pops was thankful for the outside distraction that kept them out of his paint!
Sunday afternoon, with our projects done, we took a "fun break" and headed to a nearby fishing spot. My little guys are definitely following in their uncle Tyler/Pops/PaPa's footsteps with their love of fishing...
Caught several little brim
I love this one... reminds me of a pic I have when I was about their age- going fishing with my PaPa. Miss him so much, he would have loved my guys!
Of course, our attention span with the actual fishing part isn't incredibly long... but these two can find plenty to do by the water. Climbing rocks, throwing rocks into the water, picking up sticks, you name it- boys will be boys.
Mommy and Logan
A much needed break for fun and enjoying the beautiful spring weather. Thank you G and P (and Uncle Tyler) for all your help in getting us ready for baby #3!! 8 weeks and counting...
No comments:
Post a Comment