The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

This past weekend I went home to have some family time with my parents and brother. Mom and I had a great time running around Buford, GA- going to our faves- Hobby Lobby and Real Deals. There's nothing better than shopping with your mom- something that I definitely miss by being in Birmingham. We were tired but had a great time. Saturday night dad and I made an early birthday dinner for mom and just hung out at the house. Meanwhile, Andrew was having a guys' weekend in Denver, Colorado. He went with six friends from Samford to celebrate the upcoming wedding of our friend Jody. The guys were all Sigma Chi's together at SU. They had a great time hiking the Flat Irons, going to a Rockies game and more hiking.... (and eating!) So- we both ended up having a fun weekend- although we missed each other! Andrew's college roomate Paul took most of the pictures, so I don't have any to include yet... more to come later! I'll close by wishing mom a wonderful day- Mom- we celebrate your life today and are so thankful for you! Have a great VBS week.

1 comment:

The Fokens Family said...

Happy Birthday Mrs.Langston!! What a fun shopping weekend ya'll had!
~E