Andrew and I headed off to Atlanta for a little get away and independence day celebration. We kicked off our road trip in true Morrow/Clampett fashion as you can see from the photo... we were taking my brother's dog house back to Buford for Herschel. The trip went smoothly although we only topped out at about 65 mph the whole way! But nonetheless, we enjoyed our time to catch up on each other's busy week and talked our way home. We spent the night with mom and dad, then headed up to Lake Arrowhead on Friday morning.

We met the Morrows up at their lake house for a weekend of relaxation and enjoying the great outdoors. Friday we decided it would be fun for the guys to kayak across the lake and drag Janet and I on the floats. Again, we're getting pretty good at looking Clampett-y if you know what I mean! We took turns kayaking, swimming and floating across the lake. Well, I didn't join in the swimming part, but it looked like great fun! We enjoyed the traditional 4th of July fare- burgers and baked beans, yummy. Saturday, we hung out at the pool while Tom and Andrew biked, swam and ran. They made their own mini triathalon. Janet and I were happy to forgo this activity and save their spots by the pool. We rounded out a perfect day by eating dinner at our Atlanta favorite- Provino's! Let's just say we ate way too much and are still feeling it.


We had a wonderful time catching up with our family, enjoying the beautiful weather and of course, eating. Andrew was able to convince his mom to make his favorite- cookies! He even pitched in and helped. We're headed back to Birmingham today, and back to the real world tomorrow. Such a fun weekend to celebrate our independence!

3 comments:
Loved this post and your clampetts comment!
WOW! Didn't realize that the dog house was so HUGE! That's totally Clampett-y! Can't wait to see you this weekend!
Umm..I hope you didn't lift that Clampetty dog house into the trailer ( wink, wink ) ;)
E
Post a Comment