The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Double Blessing!

This year has brought many blessings and trials into our lives, but the one thing that has remained true for our family is the reminder that "God is good, his love endures forever." That verse has special meaning to us as we have learned this year to be thankful for all we've been given, the good and the bad. That no matter what we serve a loving God who has a plan for our lives.

In June, Andrew and I learned that we had been given a HUGE blessing! We found out that we are expecting and will be starting a family. We couldn't be more thrilled at the news as we have been praying for a little one to add to our family. It was a special moment when we went in to have our first doctor's appointment and ultrasound a couple of weeks later. When the ultrasound technician turned the screen around to face us, I couldn't believe what I saw... there were two tiny dots on the screen! That's right- we're having TWINS!!!! We were so shocked, myself more than Andrew, at the news. Nonetheless we are thrilled, a little overwhelmed at the enormity of it, but thrilled!

We had been keeping our little secret for quite some time as we wanted to get through the first trimester before sharing our news with everyone. Our parents were sworn to secrecy when they found out about seven weeks in. So... I am now 13 weeks along and doing great so far. We have had three ultrasounds and were able to hear two sets of strong heartbeats at our last appointment. We got a little spoiled having so many ultrasounds early on- at 5, 7 and 9 weeks. It was fun to see how much they changed in a short amount of time. Our next one probably will be at 18 weeks, we should be able to find out the sexes then.

I've included the babies first photos for you to see... Although it's difficult to make out much, I'll try to caption each one to orient you.

Ultrasound #1- Babies at 5 weeks gestational age: you can see two little marble looking structures.


Ultrasound #2- Babies at 7 weeks: you can see two little blobs but it's difficult to make any structures out at this point


Ultrasound #3- Babies at 9 weeks: you can see them both from this angle


Baby "A" at 9 weeks: you can see the profile of the head on the left side of the pic, arm and leg bud (view from the side, baby laying on its back)


Baby "B" at 9 weeks: you can see the profile of the head on the left, arm and leg buds (baby laying on its back- side view)


So- there's our little miracles- baby A and baby B, or "This" and "That" as some of our friends have started calling them. I'll be sure to keep you all posted now that our secret's out! Thank you to our friends and family who have been praying for these babies long before you knew about them! God is so good and has blessed us beyond what we could ever ask for. I'll close with a verse that I went to the day we found out there were two:
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine... to Him be the glory for ever and ever!" Eph 3:20

I promise Andrew isn't as scared as he looks in this photo!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooooooo excited!!! I am glad that I got to see the ultrasound pictures -- you're having TWO beans! Can't wait to see updates and belly pics! Love T

The Fokens Family said...

YAY! I'm a little misty finally seeing these two little jelly beans that have been on my mind for a little while now. What a fantastic miracle that's taking place. God is SO faitful and has blessed you beyond what you could have ever hoped or imagined.
Love you!
~E

amie said...

Finally!! It was getting hard to keep the secret!!! Im so excited!!

The Collett Family said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see you and Baby "A" and "B"! Enjoy the journey! I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers! Love ya bunches!

annamconley said...

We are SOOO excited for you guys and are looking forward to meeting This and That :) We're praying for a healthy mama and healthy babies!

sweetpeamorrow said...

I know you are so glad you share your GREAT news with everyone!!!!!!! We can't wait to love on your 2 little ones! Love ya!

Kathryn said...

SO EXCITING!!! I was sorry we missed your big announcement in comm. group yesterday, but will have you all in our prayers! I love twins- and am SO excited for you! (And did I mention it's so exciting!?!?!!!)
Kathryn, Larry & Georgia

alieta young casey said...

The babies are already so beautiful and so photogenic! Did you get my message that Lola thinks they should be named Sally and Charlick? Keep those names on your short list. (:

Rush and Tori Letson said...

Congratulations!! What a blessing they will be to your lives!! I can't wait to meet them!!! The Morrow family is expanding every day!!!=)

Us said...

Congratulations, Terra & Andrew! We are so happy for you guys and will be praying for you throughout the pregnancy!
Ryan and Jenn

Anonymous said...

Terra & Andrew,

Congratulations!!! I just found your blog through Erica's and I am just thrilled to know that the Lord is lavishing His great love on your family with two sweet little ones. What a blessing to know that they are healthy!!

I hope to see you all soon. Many girls from my pledge class will be at Homecoming this year, I hope you will be, too!!

Much Love,
Lauren Sheehan