The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Thursday, August 28, 2008

14 (1/2) Weeks!

Yesterday we went to our 14 week doctor's appointment at Brookwood. We actually saw our new doctor for the first time. We decided to switch hospitals, and ultimately, doctors, after we found out we were having twins. We wanted to make sure we would be at a hospital with a great NICU, as well as be at a practice that sees and delivers lots of multiples. And- we have found that place! We are very happy about the decision we made, although it was a hard one to make.

After an extensive consultation with both the nurse and the doctor, we were able to hear the heartbeats! Dr. Ross also did another ultrasound to check on our babies. It was so neat to see them and all their little parts, moving around on the screen. I hadn't seen them since 9 weeks, so a lot has changed in their development. We could see their arms, legs, heads and even one of the faces. They were lying head to head- maybe they were talking! We didn't get any pictures from this one, so I don't have any new photos to post. However, we did find out that our "big" ultrasound will be in three weeks and we will get to find out the sex of the babies!! I am so excited, I cannot wait!

So for now, not much is new- just eating (all the time) and trying to rest as much as possible outside of work. I'm feeling pretty good, I can definitely tell my energy level is going up and the nausea is almost gone! Overall, I feel pretty blessed to feel as good as I have with two babies on board. We're still staying busy with trying to tackle household projects before the babies come. The nursery is primed and ready for paint once we find out what we're having. My next task is to start narrowing down options for bedding and furniture. I'll have to post a pregnancy photo soon... things are starting to change in that area for sure! My doctor says I am showing the same amount as someone who is 18 weeks along (with one baby). So, at least I have a good excuse- there's two in there!

3 comments:

alieta young casey said...

Yay! I can't wait to find out what you're having. I didn't sleep at all the week leading up to Lola's ultrasound! So, so, so happy for you guys!

The Fokens Family said...

I MUST see pics of that baby bump! Wow, 18 weeks showing?? You must have a little pooch there..how cute!
E

James, Heidi, & Isaiah Drake said...

oh i just couldn't be happier for y'all!!! still praying to join you with the multiples! & i'm so glad you're feeling so well & on top of everything - i'm very impressed! i also want to see that little belly - you with any sort of bump is unbelievable!
love you friend & hope to get together soon!
Praise the LORD for this & that!!