We've had a low key Christmas season at our house this year. The impending arrival of Will and Logan have slowed us down and kept us out of the hustle and bustle. For the first time ever, I woke up in my own house on Christmas day. For 29 years I have been waking up at my parent's house, Andrew joined in the tradition six years ago. But this year, my family came to us. We missed seeing both of our families and extended families, but it was nice being able to stay still and not travel all over the place. My parents and brother arrived Christmas Eve and stayed until the weekend. I had lots of people waiting on me and telling me to "sit down!" We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and then present opening on Christmas day. We even had some carollers stop by for a special visit.
We gave our nieces and nephew their presents and then it was out to the deck to try out Liam's present. Uncle Andy decided it was time he got a climbing harness to use on the boulders behind our house. (Sorry Jenn). Liam and Emma both loved repelling off the deck and were not afraid at all.
Friday, instead of going out for the day-after deals, we spent some time working on the finishing touches in the nursery. Well- I sat in the big chair while dad hung blinds and curtain rods and mom sewed the window treatments. We ate lots of yummy food and enjoyed our time together. It's hard to believe that the next time I see them will be when the babies come- not too far away! We're looking forward to a visit from Andrew's parents this week and celebrating with Mike, Shelli and Graham- we get to stretch Christmas out even longer.
1 comment:
You're giving me goose bumps I'm so excited for these boys. I almost feel like the one prego, I'm so anxious!!
I'd love to see an updated pic of your nursery:)
~E
Post a Comment