I am almost 33 weeks and had another follow-up visit and US this morning. We were shocked and thrilled to see how much the boys have grown since the last US at 28 weeks. Will (who was larger last visit) is approximately 5lbs 3oz, and Logan is around 5lbs 6oz!! So in 5 weeks, they have both gained over two pounds! No wonder I feel huge and am having such a hard time getting around- I am carrying almost 11 pounds of babies. An additional encouragement is that the measurements indicate the boys are over 34 weeks in development, although officially they won't change my due date. But it makes me feel better knowing that at this point, if the boys were to come early, they would be ok. They are in the vertex/vertex position (both head down) which gives us more options for delivery.
It is so precious to be able to see them so often on ultrasound. They are taking up so much room that it is hard to see their faces as they are tucked way down near my pelvic bones. Will was especially mobile today and kept turning round and round, teasing us with a quick glimpse of his little face. Logan's face stayed hidden today but we did get to see an ear. We met the third doctor out of four in the practice today and will now start going weekly for visits. It is very surreal to think that they may be here very soon. We are so thankful for the additional days and weeks that have passed and the growth of our boys. God is good!
3 comments:
The home stretch...weekly visits. You feel like you never leave the doctor's office in those last few weeks! Hang in there, you're doing fabulous:)
~E
Wow! Those babes are growing so fast...as they will for the next 18yrs! You look GREAT! SM
WOW! That's crazy that they are so big - I'm amazed! That's really good news. I'm sure that does give you peace of mind. You are sooo close! I'm so excited! Love ya and talk to ya soon! : )
Post a Comment