The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Thursday, March 5, 2009

What A Week!

This week started off with a winter wonderland- snow in March! Unfortunately it was a little too cold to enjoy on the outside with the babies. Maybe next year! Sadly, while we were cooped up inside, daddy was suffering with the flu. It was so sad having to keep the babies away from daddy and we were praying for protection for the babies' health. After several days of little sleep, so that daddy could rest and get better, things seem to be on the up and up. Logan, Will and I managed to stay healthy and Andrew is doing much better. I'm pretty tired, but thankfully the boys have had two very good days, taking good naps during the day so that I can rest some. They have definitely found their voices, using their strong lungs to let me know when it is time to eat. I think this is the week when a fussy time of the day begins. Both of them have rolled over from their tummies to their back this week. Will especially likes it when he is sung to- even though mommy's voice is far from beautiful. It calms him right down.

Catching up from last week- the boys had another visit from my parents, which was much needed. I was able to get out and run some errands by myself and Andrew and I even had a little date on Saturday. Mom and Dad loved spending more time with their babies, who have become much more alert since their last visit (during the first two weeks). Also, my granny and aunt Karen came down from Chattanooga to meet the boys. We were excited to introduce them to their great-granny and great aunt.


Granny and Will


I just love this face!

They also got to meet mommy's good friends from small group- Jennifer, Michelle and little Emily (Michelle's baby who is three days older than the boys).





2 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

I'm glad to hear you got out for a date. Isn't it wonderful to get out? But, you can't wait to get back home to kiss your sweet boys!
Once the weather warms up, you'll be able to go outside more. It helps relieve the cabin fever feeling.
Lov ya!
~Erica

Anonymous said...

I love the "Mini-me" picture! I can't believe how big the boys are getting - and I am glad that Andrew is feeling better.

Be sure to take some short walks when the weather gets nice. As Scott says "You need to blow the stink off of ya"
Talk soon!