The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Friday, April 24, 2009

A Busy Week...

We have been busy over the last week, and momma is tired! It is so fun to get out and about and add a little variety to our routine, but it definitely takes a toll. We had a great time going up to Princeton Hospital to meet all my coworkers. I hadn't seen many of them since I was put on bed rest in November. It was so fun introducing the boys to my work family, whom I have missed. They did so good, they were a little tired, but that worked in my favor. I was able to run into Babies R Us on the way home (with two sleeping babies.)

My boss Carol and Karen


Stacy, Lorie and Missy


Lorie with Will


Aunt Shelli and Graham came over to enjoy the beautiful weather. We took our boys on a stroll in my neighborhood and got caught up on "girl talk." We enjoyed the first of many play dates to come. Logan and Will have a ways to go to keep up with Graham, he is all over the place! Such a sweet, active little boy. We had to click away to snag this pic of G with his two cousins. Aren't we cute in our monogrammed onesies that Auntie Erica gave us?




Over the weekend, Andrew's good buddy from college, Paul Jenkins came for a visit. It was his first time to meet the boys. They loved hanging out with "uncle P-Pawl" and smiled up a storm at him. We enjoyed having a wonderful dinner (just the grown-ups) that Andrew made for us. Hopefully the boys didn't keep Paul up too much while he slept right next door!




Monday, we got out and went to my friend Michelle's to have a play date with Emmie. We fed our babies then it was off for a nice walk in her neighborhood. While the kiddos napped we got to sit down and eat (doesn't happen too often for me!) I am so thankful to have another friend to walk this journey of motherhood with. We bounce lots of ideas and tips off each other. It's nice to be learning the ropes alongside your friends.


Wednesday, the boys had their very first non-family babysitter! Lindsey is the daughter of my mom's good friend from church. Our families have been friends for years. I was thrilled to hear that she wanted to help out with the twins. So, she came and I was able to get some things done around the house and go to the grocery store! I enjoyed the time to myself and cannot wait for Lindsey to come back next week. I think I got over confident with all the outings from last week, and I decided to take the boys to run errands that afternoon. Not sure what I was thinking- oh yea, I remember "they'll just sleep the whole time"... Not! Actually it wasn't too bad, but I went oh so fast through Michael's and Toys R Us to get what I needed and get back to the car. There weren't any major meltdowns, but Logan made a little noise. But that's what babies do!

We are going to celebrate Graham's first birthday this weekend and then REST! (Hopefully)

4 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

They look so adorable in their airplane onesies! I hope you get another month's wear out of them!! I love how you dressed the boys up to meet your co-workers!
Can't wait to hear about Graham's birthday party!
~E

tarrsah said...

Your pics make me miss Princeton - of course, it wouldn't be the same without you there :( Still... my heart hurts a little nonetheless...

The Collett Family said...

Awe, looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Can't wait to see you all this weekend! :) Love ya!

Joel & Joanna said...

Hi! I'm so glad you wrote on my blog and am happy to know another "twin mommy!" There are just some things that moms can only understand if they have TWO! Your boys are cuties and I KNOW you are enjoying every second! Did you go to Samford with Andrew & Jessica? What do you do at the hospital? Are you going back to work or staying home? Sounds like your boys are almost sleeping through the night (I'm jealous!) My girls have gone 7 hrs a couple of times, but as you know, one usually will sleep longer than the other, but I have to wake one b/c I want to keep them on the same schedule! Anyway, will be checking your blog and keeping up with how Will & Logan are growing! Blessings to you...