The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Five Months!


A little belated... but we've had a busy month (more to come!) I think I start each monthly post with the words, "it's hard to believe..." but my, how my babies are growing! The changes from months four to five have been so fun. Each day brings something new: a different expression, sound, movement- I never know what to expect. One thing is for sure, there is no slowing it down!

They are both becoming quite social, faces lit up with delight when interacting with people. You can almost hear the wheels turning when they are in a new environment, taking it all in. It's like they are little people all of a sudden. Still pretty laid back and very happy, especially when well-rested! If there's one thing I've learned so far, it's that they do best with a schedule and (like mommy and daddy) love their sleep! Here are some things that the boys are doing now:

Sleeping 12-13 hours at night without waking!!
Napping 1-2 hours at least twice a day
Grabbing for toys and picking them up
Putting everything in their mouths (toys, bibs, lovies)
They each have two bottom teeth
Smiling and staring inquisitively at one another
Showing better dexterity with holding and manipulating rattles, teethers
Love putting weight on both legs when held upright
Pushing on their toes when in prone (lifting bottom)
Scooting around on their tummies in the crib
Showing displeasure/boredom when ready to change activities
Continue to play independently on mat or jumperoo (their feet now touch the floor!)
Keep their fingers in their mouths majority of the day
Love music, singing and being read to
Still making a big mess with rice cereal, but loving it!
Down to 4 hour feeding schedule and no night bottles
Do well on short errands with mommy and short road trips
Overall, sweet, sweetie-pies!

We're having so much fun watching them change. We still think, how in the world did we get such an amazing blessing? We couldn't love them more!



2 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

I love the pool hats!! Looks like they love swimming already:)
~Erica

MLS said...

You all look SO happy. I am blessed to see the way the Lord is blessing your family....

I hope to see you and meet your boys sometime soon!!

Lauren