The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall Fun

We've had so much fun this week with play dates for the little ones and adults too! Logan and Will loved having new friends Rhys and Nathan (and their mommas Shireen and Ashley) over for a visit. The boys hung out together around the music table while we chatted and tried to keep all the kiddos safe! I'm well on my way to official baby-wrangler. Keeping up with my two busy-bodies is all the resistance training I need right now!


Rhys, Logan and Will (Nathan off running around!)

Friday we headed out for our church playgroup. Patterson, Emmie, Will and Logan sported their Halloween costumes for a sneak peak at this holiday's cuteness.



Princess Leia (Emmie), Patterson the lobster, and two peas in a pod- Logan and Will

After an afternoon power nap for all, Andrew and I went out with some good friends from college who were in town. It was wonderful to have a night out with great company and lots of laughs. Great to see you Anna and Brian- can't wait until your next trip back home!


Melissa, Anna and me


Chris, Andrew and Brian

Today we embraced the chilly fall weather and headed into the great outdoors. Andrew invited a couple of friends and their kids over to go on a hike with us behind our house. We layered up in cozy attire and enjoyed the crisp air and falling leaves. The boys loved it- they were carried by Andrew and Ben (thank you for saving my back!) They kept screeching and kicking their feet with excitement. I just love their pink kissable cheeks! We had a great lunch and everyone got a good afternoon nap in. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as fun for Andrew's birthday!


Logan


Will and Daddy


The boys in "the cave" - and yes,my children got passed around during the hike!

4 comments:

Shireen said...

We had FUN playing with yall, too!! Thank you for the pics!! :) I need to post! I'm so behind!!
I'm glad you got some fun with Andrew and friends over the weekend. It's so cool that yall live so close to the preserve so that you can just go out the back door and go hiking! :) The boys are going to LOVE that growing up!!!
Terra, I got what you sent to us in the mail the day we came over! :) That afternoon. I haven't even read it yet...I know it's something like a book exchange, but I'll look at it soon. Russell's been out of town, and I've been keeping busy and loving every minute of it. Thank you for thinking of us! Well, really, it was for Rhys! :)
Let's get together again in the next month!

Anonymous said...

We are SO jealous of your fall weather and falling leaves!!! I still have to put sunscreen on Cole just to go get the mail, and all of his adorable fall clothes are hanging in the closet, hoping to be worn before he outgrows them! I know what you mean by "baby-wrangling." I have to dress Cole while he is crawling away from me! Love the peas in a pod costumes! I sure wish we lived close enough for a playdate!

The Fokens Family said...

Love the pumpkin hats..I'm such a sucker for cute baby hats!! We've already told Miller about all the fun he can have in Uncle Andy's backyard...when he's old enough, he wants to repel off of your deck and get crazy in the backyard too!!

The Collett Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Hope Andrew has enjoyed his b-day! Love ya!