The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fifteen Months!

Another month has passed and we're having a blast! It's hard to believe Will and Logan are already fifteen months old. My sweet babies are quickly becoming my little boys- toddlerhood is officially here! We are busy, busy these days with two active boys. What a sight to see two pairs of chubby legs padding around (and around) the house. The arms are down out of the air and they're picking up speed with every step. I turn my back for a second and they're gone!

They love walking all over the house, anywhere they can go, exploring each room. It's not an uncommon sight to see me running circles around the downstairs to keep up with two going in opposite directions. And they LOVE being outside: in the wagon or in the backyard, they would stay out all day if it weren't for nap time! They are still taking two great naps a day, at least an hour and a half each. (Great time for mommy to get some things done!) Another love- eating! These boys enjoy each meal and eat almost anything I put in front of them. I guess that's why they are growing so big and getting so heavy.

Some other favorites right now: Playing in the "new" playroom (former office), playing with puzzles, playing in their tent and tunnel, putting items "away" (the beginning of cleaning up i hope!), climbing into anything they will fit in, making "music" by banging things together, using shakers, observing the big kids play on our street (we have outside time with our neighbors many afternoons), tackling the cat and each other, lots of jibber jabber back and forth (the beginnings of their own language?)

We are also into a bit of an attachment phase. They do not like me to leave, but are completely ok once I'm gone. Makes leaving for work (one day a week) a little tough, but I know they have a great time with their babysitter once I'm gone. Both Logan and Will are quite loving with mommy and daddy- but they don't sit still for long. You have to catch the snuggles when you can before it's gone!

I love seeing their independence and personalities develop. As any mom of toddlers can attest, with that comes unique challenges. However, the laughter and fun outweigh the not so fun task of discipline and trying to be consistent. We are really working on boundaries right now and lots of positive reinforcement when they "get it." I know this is just the beginning of a lifetime of teaching- praying the Lord gives me the patience and wisdom to do it right!

Logan and Will- you two are an absolute joy to parent. We are so thankful for every day we get to raise you and watch you grow. You are gifts from God and such a blessing to your mommy and daddy!

3 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

I believe it when you say you are chasing them! I remember leaving the park sweating with just one around this age.
You are SUPER mom!
~Erica

alieta young casey said...

15 months is one of my very favorite ages! you are doing such a fabulous job with them!

sweetpeamorrow said...

they are little boys but absolutely the cutest little things ever! i love the ones of them pushing their lawn mower!!! It's such a fun fun age!!!!!!!!!!!!