The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Friday, August 27, 2010

Road Trip

The boys and I took a little road trip up to Chattanooga this week to see the boys' great-grandmothers and aunts and uncles. Once again, I am thankful for the DVD player for keeping the boys happy on our 2 1/2 hour trip with no stops! We had so much fun seeing everyone and the boys just loved exploring new places. I especially loved seeing the joy on my grandmothers' faces as they loved on their great-grands. So sweet! My fun uncle Paul and aunt Karen hosted us for a BBQ/pool party Tuesday evening. The boys loved playing in and around the pool and sliding into the water. They especially took to their second cousins and loved playing with the "big kids." I was tempted to pack Kaitlyn in my car and bring her home with us- she was so sweet to the boys. Our trip was short but sweet and a fun time was had by all!

Logan sitting in the tree I climbed in as a child
Will checking out the fun tree for himself
Come on Granny- Let's go!!

Pool time with the Songers: Kye, Uncle Paul, Brian, Dad, Logan, Kaitlyn, Will, me and Aunt Karen
Will with Granny

This was the best shot I could get of my two busy boys with their Great Grandmother Smith
Looking forward to our next trip up- thanks for having us- We love you all!


1 comment:

The Fokens Family said...

The DVD is such a LIFESAVER:)
It makes roadtrips worthwhile. Glad you had fun. The boys are as cute as can be...love their appliqued shirts!
~Erica