The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Gone Fishin'

 The boys favorite activity at Lake Weiss was fishing!  Once they laid their eyes on my Uncle Paul's rack of rods- they were sold.  They asked to go fishing over and over.  So, my sweet Uncle took them out in the 100 degree heat just so they could try it out.  This time they listened a little better and tried to keep their rods still instead of slapping the water like last year.  A condo neighbor let us use his dock where all the fish seemed to be hanging out.  (Thanks to some bait he had put in the water!)
 Will trying so hard to be patient
 Logan ready for action
Logan catching his first fish- a catfish! 
 Thankfully, Will caught his first fish (a brim) within minutes of his brother!  He was so excited to "reel" it in with a little help.

The catfish and brim were the only fish caught that go around.  Logan was hilarious- he kept getting impatient and said "I'm so disappointed." I think he thought he would just catch fish after fish... Daddy reminded him that many fishermen spend all day trying to catch one fish!  His mood quickly improved when we returned to the condo and everyone cheered over his catch!  The slumped shoulders were replaced with a huge grin and arms stretched wide showing just how "big" that fish was. 
Sunday the guys loaded up and went across the lake to get some crickets, only real bait for these fishermen.  Of course, getting them out of the bucket was tricky, but they tried.  Daddy and Uncle Paul baited the hook.  I was happy to stand back and man the camera- no crickets for me! Will was all about catching the crickets, even the ones that got out on the dock.  This guy has the fishing bug- he was so excited!  The boys caught fish after fish, I didn't even keep count.  The crickets did the trick.  


 Pretty soon they were naming their brim- I think Spot was one of them.  Logan preferred for Andrew to handle the fish and throw them back in.

 These guys come from a long line of fishermen, it's in their blood.  My PaPa, dad, uncles, brother, hubbie- all love to fish.  I still remember going with my PaPa and uncles when I was little.  Hopefully they will have many more memories fishing with family as they grow up.  Thank you so much, Uncle Paul, for bearing the HEAT and helping my guys make some memories!  We love you!

No comments: