The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Friday, May 30, 2008

Emma's Barnyard Bash

Friday we celebrated our niece Emma's 3rd birthday. Family and neighborhood friends gathered in the Cawood's backyard for a barnyard themed bash. It was a typical warm Birmingham day, but the kids didn't seem to mind. They busied themselves in the fishing hole, playing in the hay, doing a barnyard puzzle and let's not forget the cupcakes and ice cream. My sister in law, Jenn, won the mommy of the year award by finding these delicious cupcakes that are egg and peanut free. The kids (and adults) all loved them. Emma was the life of the party and enjoyed her big day. She ooohed and aahed over the presents and tore into them with gusto. She loved the dress up outfits that her aunts gave her and exclaimed "Now I get to go to the castle!" When she opened up a Cinderella tea set she added: "And I get to have a tea party at the castle." We all laughed as princess Emma donned all of her princess attire and paraded around the party. She even asked Prince Liam to help her with her slipper. We enjoyed time together as a family later on after the party had wound down. Princess Emma was coerced out of her princess dress and off to bath time... but of course there were new princess pj's from Nana waiting on her after her royal bath. Our after dinner entertainment was Liam and Emma dancing around the living room. I tried to teach them a few steps, but don't you know it's more fun to drag each other across the floor- literally! They definitely keep us laughing. Click on album titled Liam and Emma for pics of the party...

4 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

How much FUN!! You are such and great auntie and I'm sure you spoiled the princess! I so love reading your entries!

sweetpeamorrow said...

So cute! I love the pics since we were with baby Graham!

alieta young casey said...

Oh, Terra, the dress is perfect! She looks elated~that smile is just priceless! We need to get the princesses together to play sometime!

Jenn Cawood said...

Terra, you are great! Thank you for posting the pics. Now, I can remember Emma's 3rd birthday, since without you and other family members, I would have no photos! I've really got to become better at the recording memories thing...