The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Little Behind...

September is shaping up to be a busy month for us. We've had a lot going on and I've once again fallen way behind in blogging. So here's the catch up for the month so far...

I celebrated my 29th birthday on the 7th! (One year closer to 30- oh my!) We had a great weekend- my birthday fell on a Sunday this year. We got together with the in-town family over at Mike and Shelli's for a wonderful birthday dinner (thanks again Shelli for all your hard work!) It was a great time, there were kids everywhere it seemed. We laughed saying that after our two get here, we're going to have all get-togethers outside under a tent! I've included photos in the birthday album.

We also went to our prepared childbirth class- "Marvelous Multiples" that weekend. It was very informative, and yes, we did leave feeling a little overwhelmed. It was a good experience and fun to meet other moms and dads expecting twins. We attempted to pick out baby furniture afterwards, then decided it was all a little too much for one day. We have researched and discussed all the options and it looks like we've finally made a decision about our nursery furniture- yeah! It's a little harder when you're looking for two.

We continued the birthday celebration later in the week at dinner with some of my college friends. My sweet friend, Alieta, has a birthday the day before mine so it's always fun to have a joint get-together. We enjoyed yummy Italian food- my favorite. We celebrated with Melissa and talked about her wedding plans and the girls speculated about the sexes of the twins. Mel took a "belly photo" for me so you all can see how big I'm getting! As usual it was a wonderful time to catch up with good friends.














This past Saturday night we celebrated the grand opening of Woodrow Hall- Andrew and Jamie's latest renovation project. The guys turned the old masonic lodge into an office and event space. Jamie headed up this project and did an excellent job! The grand opening included a reception highlighting the work of caterer D'Armond who will be the exclusive caterer for the event space. Everything looked fabulous and we enjoyed celebrating the conclusion to 10 months worth of hard work and long hours. Photos from the event are under "Woodrow Hall" album and more info can be found at: http://www.woodrowhall.com/.

We've also been filling our weekends and spare hours working on the house. Most of you know, we did not intend this house to be a fixer-upper, like our first house. However, once you get the bug... haha! I laugh saying that this is Andrew's nesting phase. His includes a bobcat and demolition. We're currently re-doing our basement room and backyard. Hopefully not too many more projects will be added to the list. I might go crazy! I'll post some before and after pics once we get through. In the meantime, pray that we tie up all our loose ends before these babies decide to come.
And lastly. I leave you with this question...
Two boys, two girls, or one of each? We are dying to find out and will know the answer in less than 24 hours!!!! Hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep tonight. We'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

My your belly IS growing! You look so cute as a prego momma!! AND, I didn't know we were less than 24 hours away from knowing what these double mint twins will be???
Umm...now I won't sleep tonight!
E

Anonymous said...

Hey T.. your belly is barely there! I think you were just wearing a big shirt! :)
Just for the record: I vote one boy and one girl and that you will find out in that order. Keep in mind, this is from the girl who was convinced she was having a girl.... Love you, miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh My - how cute is your belly! : ) Can't wait to hear what the babies are going to be!!!
Love ya!
Amy

annamconley said...

You might just be the cutest pregnant person ever! Can't wait to hear what This and That are!! (We're still without power, I'm at the Genius Bar at the Apple Store bumming their wireless and electricity :)