Well- we were in for a shock yesterday!! Andrew and I had our 17 1/2 week OB appointment and ultrasound yesterday. We were so anxious to see our little ones and make sure they are developing and healthy. We also were super excited to "meet" them and find out their sexes. Mostly I was just anxious for a good report. And we got a great report! The babies both look good, developmentally right on track. Their measurements were all within normal range and they are now 8 ounces each, measuring at 18 weeks of growth. The technician had to chase them both around my tummy to get the measurements because they were both so active. I began to feel their little movements last week. It is such a cool feeling and reminder of the precious little lives growing inside!
Now for the good part... so everyone has been making guesses and predictions of the sexes. All along I've been on the fence as to what I was having, but my intuition was telling me that it was one of each. Many people were on board with that line of thinking, or two girls. So we were both shocked when, one by one, the technician showed us two sets of "boy parts!!!" I looked at Andrew and said- well now you have your kayaking buddies! He laughed and said he will have his own crew now! We are both so excited and feel that much closer to our two babies now that we've seen them again. We're working on names- those of you who've struggled to pick one name know how hard it can be- and we're trying to agree on two names! Hopefully we'll make a decision soon, I want to start calling them by their names.
If you can't tell, I'm overflowing with excitement and each day become more attached to my little boys. God has been so good to us throughout this entire journey. Really it's only fitting for us to have two boys - a great reminder of His provision for us and His plan and timing, not ours! I hope to be able to post our ultrasound photos and video soon... so check back later to see our boys!
6 comments:
Super fun! Congrats - nothing like a Mama's boy and you get the blessing of Mama's BOYS! : ) They are going to be so stinking cute!!! Have fun selecting names! Love ya!
Amy
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! graham is so excited to have two new BOY cousins!!!!!!!!!! Congrats again!
Boys are great!!!
We are so excited for the Morrow boys!! A former "Baby A", Brian is especially partial to twin boys :)
Terra!! What great news....you are going to be toast in those little boys' hands! Being that I teach at an all-boys' school I can honestly say that there is something really special about a Mom and her boys. I can't wait to hear more!
Lauren Sheehan
You are going to LOVE having boys! I can't explain it, but there is something so, so dear about having a son. Oh, they are going to adore you!
Post a Comment