The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Saturday, October 11, 2008

Congratulations Melissa!


Saturday we gathered at my home to honor our good friend and sorority sister, Melissa. We have much to celebrate these days, and the upcoming marriage of Melissa and Chris has us all excited! We couldn't be happier that our sweet friend has found her perfect match. Adpi's from near and far travelled in to honor Mel at her first shower. Rebecca wins the prize, coming the farthest, from Oregon. "Sisters" travelled in from GA, OR, KY and around AL for a fun day of celebration. We are so blessed to have these friendships that continue to be strong, so many years after they started at good 'ole SU! We laughed and reminisced as if no time had passed since we were last together.



Hostesses, Erica Fokens, Anna Conley and Ashley Roberts were a huge help in getting this party going! Of course I had a blast getting ready for the day, decorating with tulle and flowers, just my cup of tea! But this go-around, I definitely needed all the help I could get. It's amazing how much harder it is to go, and do- with two on the way. Our reunion continued into Saturday night, where we gathered at Mel's house to eat and watch football. Can't say that the game was all that great to watch (UF vs LSU), but the company was great. I had a nice time watching UGA beat UT earlier in the day!! We had a full weekend, and I had a great time chilling on the couch all day Sunday. Andrew decided to take the opportunity to go camping with his dad while all the girls invaded our house. They had a blast just having guy time.



So here's to Melissa and Chris- thanks for letting us celebrate with you and join in your special time! We look forward to walking along side you during this exciting journey towards marriage! We love you!

3 comments:

Ashley Scott said...

Did you forget my name? It's Ashley Scott :) Ha ha!

The Fokens Family said...

That's funny Ash..I didn't even noticed when I read the post..You always be sweet Ash Robs!
What a wonderful reunion. Can we do it again soon??
T-everything looked Terra-riffic:)
~Erica

The Morrows said...

Sorry Ash... if it makes you feel any better- i listed erica as erica miller on the address/guest list! it's the preggo brain talking :) love ya mrs scott!