The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Sunday, October 5, 2008

Showers of Blessings!

Saturday we travelled to Chattanooga for our first baby shower. The Smith side (my mom's side of the family) all got together at my cousin Shannon's house for a celebration and reunion. It is no small feat to get this big group together - and it keeps getting bigger! Several travelled all the way from Jacksonville, Fl to honor us. It was a wonderful October evening and we were able to gather outside and enjoy the weather and the time together.

Andrew and I are very blessed to have a big support group around us, here in Birmingham, and all over the south! We are so appreciative of the time spent and distance travelled. They showered us with all kinds of cute and practical baby items. It was so fun to see all the things that we will soon be putting to use. My cousin Shannon did a wonderful job hosting us all, as usual. She's quite the pro at getting this big clan together. You can see photos of the shower under the Baby Shower album. Thanks again to all for making it a very special day! We love you lots!








6 comments:

lbuffett said...

I'm glad the shower went well! We were sad to not be there! So you don't know if the twin's are identical or fraternal yet? We thought they were fraternal!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on choosing names! I am sure that was tough!! Will and Logan are two lucky little guys....I am loving following your journey =)

Lauren Sheehan

Anonymous said...

Such cute names! I love them! I'm glad you guys had fun at the shower - it looks like it was a blast!

Anonymous said...

Cute Shower Pics - looks like you all had a great time! Will and Logan will be blessed with lots of love!

Love ya!
~Amy

The Fokens Family said...

I love how she had the boy's names monogrammed already on the table! Cute pic of you and Andy with the hooded towels! Happy Shower Days:)
~Erica

Anonymous said...

So glad that you were able to come up with TWO names you agreed on! I may have to steal Jasper and Casper.....
Hope every little thing is going well and that you can still do your own mobs at work, haha!