Andrew had a blast kayaking, even though the river stays around 4o degrees. He was well prepared and dressed in his cold water gear. I decided to get a massage at the resort near the river while I waited for Andrew to paddle. It's a sacrifice, but someone's got to do it! We spent a leisurely Friday afternoon hanging out by the river and Andrew enjoyed resting his muscles in the hot tub at the cabin. I enjoyed mid afternoon naps and sitting in the rocker outside! Friday night we were joined by our college friend, Paul and his girlfriend Cat. Andrew and Paul have shared many adventures together through the years and we have enjoyed getting to know Cat better. Saturday we all went hiking in the national park nearby. I use the term "hiking" loosely as we had to slow our pace quite a bit for this oh so pregnant lady! I was tired but enjoyed the great outdoors and beautiful scenery. We were sad to leave this relaxing retreat but had a wonderful weekend celebrating Andrew's 30th and the start to another great year of life!
1 comment:
Uh-Oh...3-0!! Looks like you had a relaxing mini-cation. Your bump is just precious! Can't wait to see you AGAIN in person this weekend to pat Logan and Will.
Post a Comment