The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Tuesday, January 20, 2009

35 Weeks

Waiting, waiting, and more waiting. We've made it to 35 weeks now! I saw Dr. Ross today for my weekly check-up. I am now 2.5 cm dilated and 60% effaced. He thinks I'm going to hang on until sometime in the 36th week. I was hoping for a little more progress, but glad that all is still going well with the babies. My only complaint is that I am having more difficulty and pain these days. My doctor calls it FOB pain- "full of babies pain." But I know full well that a little discomfort is no reason to hurry these boys along. We'll see what the doctor says next week if I haven't progressed much farther. We definitely enjoyed our weekend together after our exciting Friday. We even went on a dinner date and did a little shopping (with me in the wheelchair.) Andrew got the nesting bug and knocked several things off his household punch list. I enjoyed watching him in action and did my best to keep him company since I'm not much help these days. So that's all for now- I hope my next post will be that we're on our way to the hospital- but it may be after my 36 week checkup! Please pray with us that my body will continue to respond well to the babies and support their needs, and that I will get as much rest as possible leading up to the delivery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - well at least you are making some progress! You couldn't ask for things to go any smoother for you all. I know you are going to have a great delivery and your boys are going to be big and healthy - you all are so blessed! : ) Thanks for keeping us posted. Hang in there! Love ya!!!!

Shireen said...

Terra, I am just absolutely AMAZED by your attitude and perspective! I am so sorry that you're in pain, and, gosh, I know it's best for the boys to incubate, but I'd be complaining right and left! Russell's sitting here beside me, and I just told him, "I'm reading the Morrow's blog, and they're the ones expecting twins...Terra is just amazing!!"
I'm so proud of you, and I'll admit that I'm ready to pop, too. We had our 39 week apptmt today, and I need to blog, but basically, if Rhys doesn't come on his own by 1/28, we have a an induction date scheduled for that date! I hope and am praying he'll come on his own and NOW! :) Truly. However, I'm praying this all...ACCORDING TO THE LORD'S WILL. He absolutely knows best, and I'm just being impatient.
I'm praying for you, Tara. Andrew gets the husband of the weekend reward! :) He sounds like such a good man, husband and daddy!
Much love to you.

Unknown said...

Tara -
I'm (we're) thinking about you every day!! I often find myself asking Kev 'no word from Tara today? That's good news right??'

I'm sure you're ready for the big day to just be here - to see those cute little faces in person! Keep being patient - those boys will enjoy their birthday more as they continue to grow big and strong. Enjoy the last few moments of being pregnant with such blessings! You're in our prayers! -Roxie & Kevin-

The Fokens Family said...

O.k....home stretch! I'm still rooting for the 29th!
~Erica