The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Friday, January 16, 2009

False Alarm

Well, Andy and I had a good test run this morning! I woke up with contractions around 6am (which isn't unusual for me) but these were stronger and actually felt like pain radiating from my back around to my abdomen. My normal contractions are just muscle tightening only. So, we laid there and timed them, took the terbutaline and waited an hour. I was still having contractions about seven minutes apart, so we called the doctor. He said to come on in to the office so we could see what the progress was. We got up, dressed, ate breakfast and loaded up all our bags so we could be prepared if they told us to stay. By the time we did all that and were on our way into the office, the contractions were already subsiding. It just took much longer for my medication to work this time. My doctor told me that I was in fact progressing, but it didn't seem like the babies were going to come today. I know that each day in the womb is best for them, but I couldn't help but be a little disappointed.

So- we decided to kill some time and make sure we weren't going to have to head back to hospital. We ran some errands and ate Mexican food and picked up some goodies for the hospital stay. I was exhausted from my big day out! After a nap and a movie on the couch it became pretty clear that things were under control. I am now taking the meds about twice a day, so we'll see how effective they are over the next couple of days. For now, more waiting- only God knows when the boys will get here, so we'll keep waiting on His perfect timing. But we all got a good practice run in today- including our parents in Atlanta who were waiting with bags packed ready to jump in the car. I'll keep you posted if anything changes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that's it is really almost time! Really excited - and have been praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Woah!! Exciting and thrilling... and good to know that all the excitement didn't kill your appetite!! :) Can't wait to meet them!

Anonymous said...

Too cute - a littl excitement is always fun! Take care - love ya!

alieta young casey said...

Now you'll be completely prepared for the real deal! Praying for all of you!