The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Saturday, January 10, 2009

Being Sentimental

It seems like just yesterday Andrew and I were staring at the pregnancy test in disbelief. These past 8 months have flown by, even the last 8 weeks. Everyone told me to enjoy the pregnancy, and despite the events of the last trimester, I really have. As we count down the days that are left, I have been thinking about how I will feel to no longer be pregnant. Part of me is very ready to meet the boys and be over my "big-ness" and the other part gets nostalgic over the miracle of life that I've gotten to experience. I think I will miss their movements the most- a constant reminder of their presence, the greatness of the blessing we have been given. I know that the joy and wonder I have experienced will be replaced with joy and love I have never known. God has blessed us with not one little miracle, but two- and some days I still can't wrap my head around it.
I came across this photo today while trying to organize our computer files- I love it because we were just newly pregnant- only 7 weeks in. You can see the contentment on both of our faces. We had five more weeks of keeping our little secret! Each weekend that we have now, I wonder- will this be the last weekend of just the two of us? Maybe, maybe not. Either way- we're enjoying the quiet, sleeping in, watching movies together and speculating about just how much our lives are about to change!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe - super sweet - obviously, I had my moment the other night! : ) I'm so excited for you both! Love ya!

Michelle and Jeremy said...

blogging at 3:37 am - crazy! But love this blog and can totally relate. love you! Michelle

The Morrows said...

michelle- what in the world are you doing bloggging at 3:30 am? insomnia? next thing you know- we'll be texting during late night feedings, haha!!

The Fokens Family said...

ENJOY this time momma!

The Fokens Family said...

Alright miss sassy pants...A new (old) post for you to read!
~E

The Fokens Family said...

Alright miss sassy pants...A new (old) post for you to read!
~E