It was a sweet day Sunday, as I celebrated my first Mother's Day. All I wanted to do Sunday was to go to church and spend time with my boys. And that is exactly what we did. We have been trying for weeks to get to our church for the first time, and things kept sidelining us (bad nights, sickness, etc.) So, we were excited to finally get to MBCC with the boys for the first time since they arrived. We took them to community group with us and they did pretty good. They're definitely over the "sleep through everything" phase, and choose when and where they want to sleep. They were a little squirmy, but were quiet. We didn't actually make it into "big church" but watched the service from the fireplace room, a place set aside for parents and babies. Nevertheless, we were glad to be back. It had been quite some time since I was put on bed rest. We left church and picked up a yummy Italian lunch to eat at home so the boys could take their nap. We napped, watched Marley and Me and had a great afternoon just the four of us. I was reminded all day of the wonderful gift I've been given to be a mommy! It is the sweetest thing.
4 comments:
Glad to hear that your Mother's Day was just what you wanted! I asked to go out for ice cream (surprise, the pregnant lady wants ice cream!) and we got to go Tues after driving by some cows for Caleb (don't ask).
Celebrating with you over God's most precious gifts to your family.You are an excellent mommy!
They were just a twinkle in your eye this time last year!!
~Erica
Love these 2 kissing photos!
happy 1st mother's day!!!!! your boys are precious!
Post a Comment