The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Monday, August 31, 2009

So Thankful


Today marks seven years of marriage! Who knew that after dating my high school/college sweetheart for six years we would end up here! Everyone! It has been such a wonderful journey, filled with happiness, sadness, joys and tears. Through it all God has been so faithful to us and given us blessings beyond what we could hope for. Looking back on these seven years, we have had some awesome memories- first apartment, first house (renovation realities!), getting through my grad school, Andrew starting the business, travelling together... And now, the best year of all- welcoming our sweet babies into the world! I can't think of a better year- two lives added, seven years of marriage and soon my thirtieth birthday.


Andrew, you have been such a terrific husband. I have so much fun with you, even in the day to day! It has been a joy to see you become a father this year. There is nothing I love more than to watch you with your boys- melts my heart. The love you have for them and me is so great! Thank you for working so hard to provide for us so that I can stay home with them. Thank you also for stepping it up when I needed it most- through the pregnancy, bed rest and being a new mommy. You have spoiled me with your gourmet cooking and grocery shopping. Will, Logan and I love you so much- Happy Anniversary!

Pics from our wedding day! (Forgive the resolution- we got married pre-digital age! These photos are taken with my camera of actual prints.)


At the church
Our first dance

2 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

Glad to see you guys don't have the "seven year itch"! HA! I remember that beautiful August day way back when...Congrats to both of you! It can't be 7 years already!!
~Erica

Ashley Matteo said...

wow, 7 years. thats great. congratulations and may God continue to bless your marriage and family.