The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Days

This past weekend we had a "get away" to celebrate my 30th birthday! Now, I can honestly say I have not been looking forward to this day. Although I am almost the last of my friends to turn 30, I just was not quite ready to join the club. Enter, Andrew, Logan and Will- three parts of my "whole" who have made saying good-bye to my twenties a breeze. It has been an amazing year, and being thirty is a part of it- it's who I am now. A thirty year old (gasp), wife and mother to the sweetest babies on earth (ok, I'm biased.) Except for my aching neck and back (these boys are heavy) I still feel like I'm 25 on the inside! I know I look at the world a lot differently and sometimes wish I didn't have to. But overall, I am thankful for the growth and wisdom the years have brought. As far as I can tell, thirty is going to just fine!

To celebrate the momentous occasion, we headed to Atlanta to my parent's house. Saturday we spent the afternoon cheering on the Bulldogs in the first game of the season, eating a yummy home cooked meal (my mom's spaghetti, to die for!) and of course, German chocolate birthday cake. It was great except for the fact that the dawgs lost :( But, Logan and Will looked super cute cheering on our team. Ok- so they didn't even notice the tv, they were so engrossed in their toys.


Gooooo Dawgs!

Uncle Tyler decorated the crib for their first GA game



Sunday, Andrew and I left the babies with mom and dad and headed downtown for a night away. We stayed at the hotel that we stayed at the night of our wedding, so sweet. It was a treat to lay out by the pool, watch movies in the room and relax. We ate dinner on the patio at Nava and had delicious southwestern cuisine. Andrew even accompanied me to Lenox mall on Monday since it was my birthday (he hates to shop.) We did make a quick stop at REI on the way to get the babies, so Andrew was happy about that! I was nervous about how I would do leaving the babies for the first time overnight. I missed them but wasn't worried because I knew they were in good hands. They had a great time being loved on by their grandparents and did quite well without us. We were thrilled to see their huge grins when we walked in the door on Monday. It was a nice break but we were happy to have them back with us. Maybe next time we can leave them for longer?

All in all, it was a great birthday/holiday weekend- now back to the real world!

4 comments:

tarrsah said...

Glad to hear that you survived your first overnight away!! You have taken a bigger step than I have: Caleb has NEVER spent a night without one of us being there... and with the addition with Ms. Chloe, it may be a while before this mama is brave enough to attempt it!
The boys look great! Glad to see they enjoyed their first game : Go DAWS!! (heee heee!!)

Amie said...

Sounds like you had a BLAST! Happy Birthday to you! I can't wait to see those adorable boys next week!! They are SO big!

Amy said...

Hey! Love the Dress for you "Date" with your honey! Glad you guys were able to get away for the night...and survive! : ) That's great, and much needed I'm sure! So....welcome to the club - 30s are great!Glad you had a great time - the boys look cute in their UGA apparel!

Love ya!

The Fokens Family said...

Glad you had a fun get-away weekend! See, thirty isn't SO bad!
~Erica