The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Eight Months!



Another belated monthly post, but we can blame that on the flu! Andrew and I both had it and we're finally starting to get back to normal! Meanwhile, my sweet babies are growing and on the move! I feel like their world has exploded around them and they are taking it all in and seeing it with new eyes. It is becoming much more work, but is so fun too!

Logan- You are my "into everything", vocal, happy and sometimes precocious baby. Here are some things you are now doing:

pulling onto knees and feet in the crib
chewing on the crib rail
pulling up onto feet at the music table
standing to play at the music table and letting go with one hand
crawling!! everywhere and quickly
getting into baskets and mom's decorations
eating puffs
had your first "table food" bits of pear
finding all cords and wanting to chew on them



We got baby gates this week to help keep you corralled a bit. You crawl around and say "uh and ah" as you go, like you're discovering and pointing out new things. You want to be everywhere at the same time. When Will has a new toy out, you go right to it and often want to take it from him! He doesn't always let you, but thankfully is pretty laid back about toy stealing! Your smile spreads from ear to ear, showing off your seven teeth. People often say you and Will both smile with your whole faces. It is too precious. When I go in to get you up from your nap, you are standing at the crib rail with a huge grin. You smile and suck in air like you are gasping with excitement. You love bath time with Will and you sit in your new bath seats and splash and fight over toys. I think you'd stay in there all night if we'd let you. You laugh like it's your job when your daddy kisses your neck and tummy. You enjoy "wrestling" with dad before bath time. You are a good eater and like pretty much everything except mom's acorn squash, which I have to hide in sweet potatoes! It has been so fun watching you explore and learn more about your world. You are my sweet joy and I can't believe you're ours! Although, I can't take my eyes off of you for two seconds.

Am I really not supposed to eat the grass?

Will, You are my sweet, cuddly, "sit back and take it all in" baby. Here are some fun things you are now doing:

pulling onto knees in the crib
chewing on the crib rail
playing on knees at the music table independently
standing to play at music table with support
crawling when motivated by a toy
laughing at Britches (the cat)
wanting to be snuggled and held more when tired
eating puffs
also had your first "table food" pear bits

You are content to sit and play with a toy for a while and don't seem to get bored too easily. You love the music table and being held in a standing position. You don't seem to get ruffled too easily, including times when Logan takes your toy. You are quite the eater! The second your behind gets in the highchair, you know what's coming and you can't wait! I have learned to keep a few puffs and a toy on your tray while I prepare your bottle and food. I think you would sit there all day and eat whatever I put in front of you. It's nice that you enjoy all the fruits and veggies that I have made, and the fun varieties from a jar. You also have the sweetest grin that makes your eyes squint, mouth wide open showing off your eight teeth. The best part of my day is coming to get you from your nap. You are often at the crib rail and smile and laugh when you see me come in. Now that you are pulling up, you and Logan have discovered each other and look for each other through the crib rails. It melted my heart to hear you giggling at each other through the cribs last week. You are my precious baby and bring me so much happiness!

Loving the outdoors!

Lately, we spend a lot of time walking on our street before dinner, as that is their fussy time of day. They love being outside and in the stroller. I definitely have my work cut out for me and I'm realizing how tiring it is to be a full-time mommy! But I wouldn't trade it for anything- getting to spend so much time with them and watch all that they're doing is a huge blessing and I thank God for it everyday.

2 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

It's like Christmas getting them up from their naps!!
P.S. Are the toys taking over your den yet??
~Erica

Amy said...

Love it! That's so cute that they like seeing each other through their cribs and the bath pic is precious! So much fun! I'm waiting for your 8 months pics to be up! : )