The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Wednesday, December 30, 2009

First Christmas

We had so much fun this Christmas, and we have so much to be thankful for! We have enjoyed every (busy) minute; the new traditions, the wonder and delight seen in our children's eyes, the new way of doing things! We stayed in Birmingham again this year so the boys could have their first Christmas morning in our home (the grands came to us!) The boys finally knocked their illness and we were able to have a fun Christmas week. We even snuck in a last minute visit to Santa, thankfully just in time! They did great with Santa and were curious about his beard.







































Thursday we attended Christmas Eve service at our church for the first time. As Andrew and I held our babies, we both kept looking at each other, our hearts so full. I kept thinking, this is all I want, all I've ever wanted- to hold my babies and celebrate the most special Gift of all. I have definitely looked at Christmas with a new set of eyes this year. The gifts didn't matter, I didn't really want much for myself- I only wanted to make memories of this first Christmas and start traditions that will continue into the years. It's amazing to see your child's eyes light up at the sight of the candles at Christmas Eve service- such wonder and joy, so sweet! After church, we had a nice dinner with my family and let the boys open the first present- then off to bed! We knew it would be an early morning with our two early birds.




























Christmas morning Logan woke us up at 6:30, guess he was super excited! We had fun watching them "pat" the presents and eat the paper. They needed a little help with the opening.














Our gift to the boys- their first red wagon



















Christmas afternoon we had Andrew's family over for dinner and presents. It was fun to all be together, a little crazy with little ones everywhere! (And we were even missing three kids because the Cawoods were sick.) A good time was had by all! The boys loved riding on their firetrucks from their Nana and Pappy.









Inaugural ride in the radio flyer!

5 comments:

Michelle and Jeremy said...

sweet, sweet boys! Sadie is babysitting for us tomorrow and we are going to a movie/dinner.

alieta young casey said...

Oh, the picture of the boys in the gift box is PRECIOUS! I just squealed so loudly! (: So happy for your whole sweet family!

The Fokens Family said...

Love it! SO happy for your family of four to celebrate Christmas all together.. It just keeps getting better and better!
~Erica

Amy said...

Yay! I've been waiting for pics! Those were great - can't wait to see more. So glad that you guys had an awesome time and were able to spend it with all of your family. Big hugs - love ya! : )

Anonymous said...

The wagon is a great gift! Cole loves riding in his!! It was great to see your pics and what a happy time you had!