The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17







Wednesday, January 27, 2010

One Year Ago Today...

My sweet babies-
My world changed for the better, once at 5:21 pm and twice at 5:27 pm on that Tuesday evening. Thinking back on that day last January, it seems like a distant memory, but I can recall all the excitement and anxiousness over getting to finally meet you. It seemed like we had to wait so long for you to arrive, 36 whole weeks! This past year has gone by so fast, I can hardly remember what life was like before you were in our lives. To say we feel blessed is an understatement.



















Will and Logan, you have brought us so much happiness and immeasurable joy. All the books said getting through the first year with twins would be tough. Despite the fatigue and double effort it took to parent two babies at once, it has been the best year of our lives. Tough is a good word, but so is Awesome. When we brought you home from the hospital, we felt like we should pinch ourselves. Could it really be true- there were two of you? We spent those first couple of days just staring at you, soaking it all in. Listening to your squeaks (you rarely cried) and the sound of you breathing, we felt like we were in Heaven. I cannot count how many hours we spent holding you and watching you sleep.

You quickly became these two little people, both such sweet and happy babies, yet with your own things too. Logan, we love your serious and inquisitive expressions, your laugh and screeches, your "pats" to the face, head butting and general curiosity. Will, we love how you smile with your whole face, how you love to give nose kisses and snuggle, your laid back temperament and curiosity as well.














We love, more than anything, seeing you two play together and laugh at one another. It has been so sweet to watch your twin bond develop over this first year. You started out sharing a womb, to sleeping side by side for three months, to playing and eating side by side, to now crawling after one another, pulling on each other, copying each other and laughing at one another. You get a lot of time together and seem to enjoy it, as well as some alone time with mommy and daddy too.

In the blink of an eye, twelve months have passed. I still stare at your sweet faces, trying to soak it all in, to slow down time. I wish I could, but even still I will live in each moment with you, so thankful for the gift of it all. I've tried to remember and record as much of it as I can (or as much as one can with twins!) It has been such an amazing year, we could never have asked for more. We prayed for you for a long time it seemed, and waited for what God had for us. He absolutely knocked our socks off with the gift of you, Logan and you, Will. One day, we hope you will know how much God loves you and how much he loves mommy and daddy to have given you to us.



















You two have shown me what it means to be a mommy and given your daddy so much joy in becoming your father. I cannot imagine my life without you. You are so sweet and precious to us!! The day after we found out we were pregnant with you (Father's Day 2008), we sang this song in church and it could not be more true:

Great is Thy Faithfulness,
Great is Thy Faithfulness,
Morning by Morning,
New Mercies I see.
All I Have Needed,
Thy Hand Hath Provided.
Great Is Thy Faithfulness,
Lord Unto Me!

Happy First Birthday my sweet, sweet little ones!





4 comments:

tarrsah said...

You forgot to mention how amazing it is to feel your heart grow with more love every single day.
Happy Birthday sweet boys!

The Fokens Family said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Logan and Will! I remember talking to your mommy the very day you were born. You ARE such a blessing. Crawl to the door and watch the UPS man come to deliver you a little something to celebrate;)

~Erica

alieta young casey said...

Happy birthday to the two cutest little twins I know!!!

steal magnolias said...

Great is HIS faithfulness. Happy Happy Birthday and Congratulations on graduating from your first year of parenting.