Ready for the big day! Heading off for their first day of 4K in Mrs. Melissa's class. They were so excited, they came running into our room dressed and ready to go at 6:15! We had two hours to kill before leaving but it passed quickly with breakfast, packing lunches, brushing teeth, combing hair, photo op etc!
They loved having Mommy and Daddy (and Caleb) walk them to their classroom. Mommy is thankful that walk-ins are allowed the first week of school! We will be carpoolers next week.
Heading right into their room, no hesitation, ready to meet their new friends!
Finding their cubbies and hanging up backpacks
Logan got his pencil box and started right into his first assignment- a coloring sheet at his table.
The boys are seated at different tables and will also rotate through centers in different groups for a bit of independence from each other. I'm not quite ready for them to be separated, especially this year with new baby at home, new school... enough changes!
The morning could not have gone better! I am so thankful, because the night before it was not looking good. Logan was excited, Will was not. My child who always leaves me easily and walks right into MDO with no issues, was very upset about the first day. He was crying and saying that he was scared and wondering if any one would like him. WHAT?! Break this mommy's heart! We went to bed and prayed for him and I shared scripture with him that "the Lord your God is with you, He is might to save..." my fave verse as well as "do not fear, for the Lord is with you." I went to bed anxious and praying for my sweet boy and his first day. God answered our prayers and my sweet Will woke up excited and ready for the day. He said to me "Mommy, I prayed to God and I'm not scared anymore." Such precious words from his tender heart. Another sweet memory was Logan comforting his brother the night before and telling him "don't worry, I'll be there!" Love them so much! Ready for an awesome year, last first day of pre-K, done!
1 comment:
Eek!! Love the boys on the front steps... Looks like a great year up ahead. Hugs from GA!
Post a Comment